.

Monday, May 16, 2011

DIY Earring Holder

I made a fun earring holder for my mom for Mother's Day this year. I've seen this idea floating around blogland and loved it!!! Sorry, I don't have a before picture, but I bought a frame at Goodwill. Just imagine a dark wood frame with a picture of a leopard sitting in tall grass and that's what I was working with for this project.

Then I took these items:
And started transforming my frame. I sprayed painted it with several coats of Heirloom White. I hot glued a piece a window screen to the back of the frame. Then I took fabric that matched my mom's leaf/fall themed bedroom and glued it behind the screen. There was a blemish at the top of the frame that I didn't like so I took berry picks, secured them together with extra fabric and glued it to the top of the frame. Here's how it turned out!!!





I'm linking to:



7 comments:

  1. very cute planning on making something similar only with three windows and using a mirror on one part. However I see it would be hard to put regular earrings in it unless you put a hinge on it hm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Now if only I would stop losing my earrings...sigh. ;)

    glad to have found you through Serenity Now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I've had a few friends have these and I always want one! Now I need to just DIY! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Can't wait to try this project myself. Visiting from Serenity Now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling project~ this came out adorable! Thank you for linking up to Feathered Nest Friday this week- hope you will come back and share again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa,
    What a cute earring holder. That turned out really well. Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Screen is a clever idea! Thank you for linking with air your laundry Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments! I read and enjoy every single one and try my hardest to respond to them all! Thanks for visiting!